- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- TYPES OF COOKIES
- TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
- LIST OF COOKIES WE USE
- HOW TO CONFIGURE COOKIES
- CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- CONTACT US
1.WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. The term “cookie” refers to several technologies that make it possible to perform online browsing tracking or behavioural analysis of website users. The purpose is to enable the site to remember your preferences (such as user name, language, etc.) for a certain period of time. That way, you do not have to re-enter them when browsing around the site during the same visit.
2.TYPES OF COOKIES
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. Only that website can read them.
- In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and they are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser.
- To the contrary, a session cookie, is a cookie which is deleted when you quit your browser.
The technology may also provide other information, e.g. about the time, location and operating system of your devices, the type of browser or search engine you use. This approach does not save any data on your device. Cookies may occasionally be used to collect statistics about users’ browsing experience on our Site.
This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and services optimization purposes. Cookies do not have access to any of your documents and/or files stored on your device.
More specifically, the cookies we use on our Site allow us:
- To adapt site presentation to the type of device used (e.g. tablet)
- To adapt site presentation based on user preferences, e.g. items viewed, chosen or purchased.
- To memorise information relating to a form that you have filled in on our site (registration or access to your account, subscribed service, contents of your shopping cart, etc.).
- To allow you to access reserved and personal areas of our Site (e.g. My Account, through login information).
- To implement security measures (e.g. when you are asked to log back into your account after a period)
4.TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
Our Site mostly uses “first-party cookies”. These are cookies set and controlled by us, not by any external organisation. However, to view some of our pages, you will have to accept cookies from external organisations.
Types of cookies we use:
- The types of first-party cookie we use are to:
- Store visitor preferences;
- Make our websites operational; there are some cookies that we have to include in order for certain web pages to function. For this reason, unlike other types of cookies, operational cookies do not require your consent.
- Gather analytics data (about user behaviour). We use analytics cookies purely for internal research on how we can improve the services we provide for all our users. These cookies simply assess how you interact with our website – as an anonymous user (the data gathered does not identify you personally). The anonymised statistics could be shared with third parties we work with (e.g. Google Analytics) to help us improve our services. However, you are free to refuse these types of cookies via the cookie banner you will see on the first page you visit.
- Third-Party Cookies:
Some of our pages display content from external providers, e.g. Facebook and Instagram. If you visit those providers web pages through our Site (e.g. by clicking on the Facebook icon or on a hyperlink), they may install their own cookies to your device. To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over. However, if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
Third-party providers on www.skivalakis.gr:
– Meta Business Suite (replaced Instagram and Facebook Analytics Tools);
– Google Analytics;
– WordPress (Wordfence).
5.LIST OF COOKIES WE USE
|Polylang||pll_language||Multilingual Plugin||1 year|
|WordPress||wp-settings-ID||Customization. Checks if the current user-settings cookie is updated and stores it. When no cookie exists (different browser used), adds the last saved cookie restoring the settings.||1 year|
|Wordfence||wfwaf-authcookie-ID||Security Plugin||1 day|
|Cookie Consent||moove_gdpr_popup||Cookie Consent & Cookie Preferences||1 year|
|Google Recaptcha||_GRECAPTCHA||Spam / Abuse protection||6 months|
|Google Tag Manager||_gid***||Statistics. Used to distinguish users. Stores and counts pageviews and user interface.||1 day|
|Google Tag Manager||_ga***||Statistics. Used to distinguish users. Stores and counts page views and user interface.||1 day|
|Google Tag Manager||_gat_***||Statistics. Used to read and filter requests from bots.||1 day|
|Facebook Pixel||_fbp***||Marketing & Tracking. Stores visitors/users preferences across websites.||3 months|
6.HOW TO CONFIGURE COOKIES
Furthermore, at any time, you can express and modify your wishes in terms of cookies, by the means described below.
–Removing cookies from your device:
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited.
Be aware though that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences).
-Managing browser-specific cookie settings:
To manage cookies and your preferences, each browser is configured in a different way. For more detailed control over cookies, check the privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser. It is described in your browser’s help menu, which will explain to you how to modify your cookies preferences.
– Blocking cookies:
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. And some services and functionalities may not work properly at all (e.g. profile logging-in).
– Configuration of your smartphone operating system:
To find out more about how to configure cookies, visit: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
7.CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to introduce additions to change, replace and/or update this Policy from time to time. If we change, replace and/or update this Policy, we will notify you by updating our Site. By continuing to use and access the Site you agree to be bound by any amendment made by us. Please make sure you regularly check for changes/updates. If you do not wish to be bound by this Policy you may not use the Site.
Should you have any questions or require further information about this Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us:
– By e-mail at: [email protected] . Do not forget to mention your personal details since we do not respond to anonymous messages.
– By phone at: +30 2810 241123: Monday/Wednesday/Saturday: 9.00-15.00, Tuesday/Thursday/Friday: 9.00 -14.00 & 17.00 – 21.00.
– By filling our “CONTACT FORM” on our homepage.
Latest update: 24-6-2022